Sunday 25 March 2012

Velvet Hood





It has suddenly become Autumn in Melbourne and I have been so enjoying the crisp mornings playing in the park with Casper, who only ever wants to be outside. I try to take him to the park as much as possible so he doesn't get crazy inside the house. Since the weather has been getting cold, this morning I set out to make him a really warm hat. 
I just made up the pattern by measuring his head- I think I could make a tutorial as it was pretty simple pattern drafting.
The hat is made from this wacky tartan velvet that is very old and very beautiful to touch. The lining is made from an old lambswool jumper that had a few too many holes to be saved. I think it will be perfect for this winter especially for wild and windy walks on the beach.

















6 comments:

  1. How I love this...did usay it's warm? How do you make sure Casper Wears it? My 9mth won't leave hats etc on! I would buy this off you it's soo cute...!!

    Box

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so adorable, and the hat too, as ever. You're lucky he lets you dress him in so many cute hats! My brother always pulled them off immediately. I love his bunnies jumper too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's so adorable, and the hat too, as ever. You're lucky he lets you dress him in so many cute hats! My brother always pulled them off immediately. I love his bunnies jumper too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys, I have the same hat-pulling issues with Casper, and that's why I make him ones that tie up! He can't pull this one off, even if he tries. And he does!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is one of the cutest darn things i've seen all week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete