Tuesday 18 December 2012

Koala




















I just finished making this koala as a prototype for more that I will put in my shop. I was thinking about not putting her on the blog, as there are a lot of things that I don't put on here. If you haven't gathered by now I am a perfectionist/overachiever/classic-older-sister type. 

I really like her, but she's a bit wonky so I will be revising the pattern. I think she turned out great for a first attempt. I came up with the idea for a koala with ric-rac ears a few weeks ago and I couldn't wait to see what it would turn out like. I ended up also using ric-rac for the claws in the spur of the moment. She's made with an old bedsheet and the pattern is made up of only 4 pieces which is amazing to sew up. I used an old floral sheet for her body and some really old corduroy for her tummy. Her eyes are wooden buttons. I incorporated her nose into the pattern too, it's just black cotton.

I can't wait to give her to Casper when I pick him up from daycare! When I gave him the kangaroo he said "kanga-woooooo!" and started hopping it around the house. 








2 comments:

  1. Embrace the wonky, it is my personal mantra. Love the cord and the ric rac ears are awesome. You are a clever clogs designing patterns! mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh she is just delightful and imperfectly perfect in my humble opinion :)
    x

    ReplyDelete