Saturday 29 December 2012

Silk Screen















Hello! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas, we certainly did. In fact we had so much fun that we accidentally left our camera at my aunty's house. Which is why I am going to write my Christmas recap in a couple of days, maybe tomorrow if I can get the energy to catch a tram across town and back again with the wriggliest toddler who ever rode on public transport.

So as a distraction here is a post I wrote a while ago for a cameraless situation like this, if it ever arose.

My brother and his friends are in a band called Ships Piano and they have been playing music together for a long time. They are a really talented bunch and write great music.They had an e.p launch in November for which we made a very limited run of screen-printed t-shirts for the show.

We did it last-minute a few hours before the doors opened, it was a pretty fun learning experience. I have done a bit of screen printing stuff before so it was fairly straight-forward, even though I did write the band name reversed as I was thinking about other printmaking rules and had to start over.

The funny thing is, I haven't actually got any photos of the finished shirts, but the closest font I can find is the one on their first e.p cover, which I designed in 2008.







No comments:

Post a Comment